Sometimes I can get so stressed out that it causes me to have a headache. This is been happening a lot in the last month or two. I have been researching a lot on ways to beat the headache instead of taking medicine. Here are some things that work for me.
10. SleepI think a lot of my headaches come from no sleep. When I catch up on some missed hours of sleep, the bad headaches lose their edge and little ones disappear entirely.
9. SteamMy favorite way to get steam is to turn on my shower as hot as it goes and shut the door. I go back in about 5 minutes and I have my very own sauna. Steam opens everything up and just lets you relax. When you have a headache you tend to tighten the muscles around your face and head making your headache worse. Steam is one of the best ways to relax.
8. Drink a cup of Hot Cocoa
7. Cold Washcloth
I actually like to do a very cold washcloth. It just feels good to me. Having a cold washcloth also relieves pressure, letting you relax. Some people like warm washcloths to relax. Use what works for you.
6. Massage your scalp, head and earlobes and shoulders.I like to have my husband do it for me but when he isn't around I like to jump into the shower and massage my own head while I shampoo.
5. ExerciseStretching and doing yoga helps my headaches. It relieves stress and helps me focus on other things and not my headache or the things stressing me out.
4. Breathing ExercisesFocus on taking deep breathes. Your breathes should be so big that your chest should rise with each one. I like to lay on the floor while I am doing this.
3. EatingSometimes when things get really busy, I forget to eat. Eating foods that are healthy such as fruit or vegetables help to get rid of your headache.
2. Drink Water (and a lot of it)
Many times dehydration is the main cause of headaches. Drinking a lot of water and resting afterwards will help if your headache is from dehydration! (Don't like water? Check out our 8 Healthy Zero Calorie Drinks)
1. Peppermint Bath.
I got this idea from my friend Rebecca from Camp Wander. I tried it the other night and it worked...not to mention if felt wonderful! All you have to do is fill up your bath tub with hot water. Take a hand towel and get it wet. Put 3 to 5 drops of Peppermint Oil on it, stick it under your neck with the oil side of the towel touching your neck and just relax in the bath. The amazing smell of peppermint helps so much!
Find Peppermint and other 100% Natural Oils HERE starting at only $6.46 for a 5ml bottle. (Each bottle has 85 drops) I'm going to start using the peppermint trick every time I take a bath to help me relax. I might need one right now.... :)
You can also use the code "TASTE" for 10 percent off your whole
Most headaches are tension or lifestyle induced and aren't harmful, even though they're painful and can prevent you from fulfilling your tasks. If you experience frequent headaches, a severe headache, a headache that won't respond to analgesics, or the headache is accompanied by other symptoms, consult your doctor or health professional.